Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sunset

If you were to ask me what I felt today.. I would show you this picture.. my last week, infact 2nd last day as an undergraduate. A whole amalgamation of flavours just permeate my thoughts- its the sort you get when you mix chilli, ketchup, mayo and abit of curry sauce together to dip your fries in at Mackers (McDonalds) on a friday night @ KAP. Every feeling is a mixture of everything else.. but it somehow tastes strangely good..

From a total noobcake in first year to a relatively more veteran Science Undergrad it has been a long journey.. and now I am in my sunset years of my undergrad years.. the next 3 weeks will write the end of this chapter of life as I begin my life with a new chapter as a Honours student.

..Fatigued yet still very much alive, jubilant yet bearing tones of nostalgic melancholy, I've come so far yet in such a short span of 3 years, wanting to celebrate it yet somehow wishing it'd go quietly...I know alot more than I did then, 3 yrs ago.. yet now there's still so much more to learn..

I'll finally earn my BSc. Not thru my own merit.. but to the One that has sustained me thru my whole lifetime as an undergraduate- To God be the Glory

I now stand on the brink, the advent of a new chapter, It'll be much tougher than this one.. but knowing how despite all odds I still survived.. surely I'll make it thru to the next stage.

Before I finish off this entry and head back to my books, I'll give this saying to any aspiring, troubled or weary undergraduate:

".. in a life where success isn't final and failure isnt fatal- more often than not, its the ability to carry on that counts.."

Postera Crescam Laude,
Kenneth Chin, BSc.

No comments: