Saturday, March 01, 2008

Noah's Ark

Wed was phenomenal.. I just couldn't believe my eyes.. the data we got from our experiments was so concise and the trend in it was so apparent... the "stuff" that we're testing had a very very "profound result" on cancer cells- more specifically, leukaemic cells- K562(Erythroleukaemic), CEM-CCRF (T cell Leukaemic) and R100 (PGP overexpressing variant of CEM-CCRF). Couldn't believe our luck.. Tom was exhilarated... whatever the "effect" and the "stuff" still remains classified.. but once, its appropriate to be revealed, I will :) Nevertheless, I couldn't believe it.. our repeat results showed exactly the same thing.. confirming the effects..

The only pity is, this isn't my honours thesis.. much to my supervisor's regret haha.. its our own hobby project that still remains classified. Nevertheless, we're excited.. this set of experiments has very huge rammifications on the directions of cancer therapy.. by something that is very ordinary and easy to obtain.. an everyday substance.. thats the bliss of it all. We're working on the concentration of the "stuff" to determine an effective dose.. and to study further effects- which are, in scientific speak, Pleiotropic- or having multiple effects.

So nerdy.. damm you Kenchin.. u bloody nerd!..

Needa learn how to switch off man..

The past week kinda feels like being in Noah's Ark.. rocked around in the storm.. which I'll bet probably feels totally like crap.. but hey, ur in an ark.. it may be quite shitty but hey at least ur safe and sound.. Just sit tight and ride it out.. I guess the storm has pretty much settled.. and the dove is sent out.. it may not have brought back KFC or dominos Pizza to me (dammit!).. but it brought me a twig of an olive tree.. there's hope that someday somewhere it'll all be over.. and a rainbow awaits.. God's promise to me..

So I guess.. I'll just sit tight.. and ride it out..

No comments: