Monday, September 17, 2007

Bunker Buster

Tues 11th September 2007, A day which might have shed light onto my future. Woke up that morn, went to the gym for my workout, came back home, washed up and sat down to read some research papers for my article over breakfast. Then suddenly it hit me- INSPIRATION.. suddenly words in the papers seem to strike me and pull out other words and diagrams from my head- I put down my breakfast on my table and ran to my comp to type out the idea which I had. Initially abit hesitant about it- I thought to myself "surely someone else might have thought of it"

I didn't want to feel jaded after that. But I just decided to type out my idea in an email to my lab demonstrator-Dr Tom Karagiannis. I scribbled down on paper the implications and complications of the matter.. and left for driving class. The next thing I knew, I got a call from the lab.. Tom (my lab demonstrator) was on the line and his first words were:

"Kenneth, do not, DO NOT reveal this idea to anyone.. it is brilliant"

I couldn't concentrate for the rest of the day and let alone the week- I went home and continued working on the idea, developing ideas and troubleshooting. From that concieved my first most feasible scientific idea which I shall only mention as the Bunker Buster project. I'm not at liberty to reveal further details of the project. Because if I told you, I might have to shoot myself..

Its almost like a dream come true.. I might finally get a technology patent under my name for the first time in my life at 20 years old. We're intending to work to patent it in Australia first and then go international. I hope and I believe that it will revolutionize the way science is and moreover, inspire other younger and budding scientists to think beyond the textbook and outside the box..

Quite a good start for a rookie scientist... I'll start by publishing articles into scientific journals and magazines, co-publishing them with Tom and one day.. hopefully, move up into the arena where the ace scientists play. But as of now, Bunker Buster is still in its drawing board stage and its still confidential.

No comments: